Here’s my first attempt at designing my own amigurumi. It’s a Cheep Cheep (flying fish) from Super Mario Brothers. I’m super happy with how he turned out and completely in love with creating my own crocheted plushies.
I fully intend to write up and share the pattern for this guy, but didn’t keep the best of notes while I was creating him, so it may take me a bit to get it done.
I hope you love him too!
So I’ve chickened out and switched from 14ct aida to 16ct for my Sprite Stitch Stitch-a-Long project. If you recall from my first post the stitch-a-long consists of four video game themed squares, but I’m planning to extend my sampler with a bunch more of the submitted patterns for display in a 16 picture multi-frame. When I tried to align the couple of squares I had stitched on 14ct fabric into the frame, it became apparent that due to the bars on the frame not being perfectly straight I had zero wiggle room for some of the squares. Meaning if my blocking isn’t completely perfect I’ll be in danger of losing some rows of stitching under the cross bars. I don’t have a lot of faith in my blocking skills so a higher count fabric will give me a little more room for error.
Here’s the new fabric gridded off before I started stitching:
You can see that there’s a lot more space between where the stitched blocks will be (marked with the pink lines) and the bars on the frame. It’s a little more space than I would have liked but hopefully it will still look pretty good.
I started stitching the new fabric with the week three square – a Super Mario Bros 3 motif designed by SofaraStarfyre.
Here’s the finished result:
There’s only one more official week to go, but there are still plenty of people just getting started, so head over to Sprite Stitch to join in on the fun!